August 1, 2012

Final month in China - Shanghai

I didn’t expect to like Shanghai as much as I did.  It’s a buzzing, modern city, with both new buildings (Pudong) and some traditional parts remaining (Old Town, French Concession).

modern Shanghai
Old Town
shopping streets

I had all sorts of plans to visit places around Shanghai (the Canal Towns nearby for example) but ended up staying in the city when I was there.  I enjoyed the traditional streets, the modern Nanjing shopping street and walking along the Bund at night.  I also found some nice roof top bars where I enjoyed drinks at sunset with fellow travellers.

The Bund by night, overlooking Pudong


Bund view with full moon
On a clear day I went to the top of Jin Mao Tower in the Pudong area to get nice views of Shanghai.

Jin Mao Tower

view of Pearl TV station and Shanghai from Jin Mao Tower



No comments:

Post a Comment